- Category: IOS Productivity
OffiWriteris an iPhone and iPad app that provides document editor. It uses the OpenOffice Writer provided by OffiDocs, and it is available in the Apple iTunes Store:
OffiWriter is a document editor that includes the OpenOffice writer app provided by OffiDocs. It is a word processor and publishing tool that supports different document formats, including .docx, and .doc. It allows to create documents, reports, and books, and simple enough for a quick memo.
OffiWriter contains two main modules:
A) The document editor module, which provides functionality from OpenOffice writer:
- Wizards for standard documents such as letters, faxes, agendas, minutes, or carrying out more complex tasks such as mail merges. You can also create your own templates, or download templates from the Templates repository.
- Advanced Styles and Formatting.
- Table of Contents & References to increase the usefulness of your long, complex documents by generating a table of contents or indexing terms, bibliographical references, illustrations, tables, and other objects.
- Text frames and linking for publishing tasks like newsletters and flyers - Notes and comments on the side of the document. This makes notes a lot easier to read.
- AutoCorrect dictionary to trap typing mistakes on the fly, checking your spelling as you type.
- AutoComplete to reduce typing effort. It also suggests common words and phrases to complete while you are typing.
- It supports OpenOffice OpenDocument formats (.odt, .ott, .oth, and .odm), but it can open the formats used by OOo 1.x (.sxw, .stw, and .sxg) and the following text document formats:
+ Microsoft Word 6.0/95/97/2000/XP (.doc and .dot)
+ Microsoft Word 2003 XML (.xml)
+ Microsoft Word 2007 XML (.docx, .docm, .dotx, .dotm)
+ Microsoft WinWord 5 (.doc)
+ WordPerfect Document (.wpd)
+ WPS 2000/Office 1.0 (.wps)
+ .rtf, .txt, and .csv
+ StarWriter formats (.sdw, .sgl, .vor)
+ DocBook (.xml)
+ Unified Office Format text (.uot, .uof)
+ Ichitaro 8/9/10/11 (.jtd and .jtt)
+ Hangul WP 97 (.hwp)
+ T602 Document (.602, .txt)
+ AportisDoc (Palm) (.pdb)
+ Pocket Word (.psw)
This app uses the OpenOffice license. It can be installed and distributed for free.
B) The file manager module, which provides the following functionality:
- Home directory when you first load the file manager.
- Operations with files: copy, move, create.
- View the file properties: name, size, date.
- Light and Elegant client UI.
- Document preview support.