XGimp is an adaptation for Android of the app GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation), which is a freely distributed program for tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. As a result of that, the app XGimp provides many capabilities. It can be used as a simple paint program, image editor, an expert quality photo retouching program, an image renderer, or an image format converter.
XGimp is the app GIMP that runs remotely, so it has the same features:
- Suite of painting tools including Brush, Pencil, Airbrush, Clone, etc.
- Image editor.
- Sub-pixel sampling for all paint tools for high quality anti-aliasing.
- Extremely powerful gradient editor and blend tool.
- Supports custom brushes and patterns.
- Full alpha channel support.
- Layers and channels.
- Multiple Undo/Redo.
- Editable text layers.
- Transformation tools including rotate, scale, shear and flip.
It also includes a local image editor to modify graphics, images and photos. It is based on the open source app "Pocket Paint":
- This local image editor provides the tools: brush, line tool, cursor, fill tool, stamp, circle/ellipse, cropping, flipping, zooming, rectangle, image importing, eraser, moving, and rotating.
- Drawing in full screen.
- Change the line width and shape.
- Color palette & RGBa values.