Whenever you get too many bookmarks and folders it's becoming really annoying to find the one you're looking for.
That's why I made this extension - to make it simple! Now you can simply click the logo of the extension (after installed), and start typing until you find your bookmark and click it.
This is also available by a shortcut - cmd+E (Mac)/ctrl+W (Windows/Linux).
Although there are other similar extensions out there, I couldn't find at the time anyone that searches according to the folder(s) name as well.
Likewise, all extensions I found, search by URL as well, which I find faulty.
So they search by name and URL, while I search by name and folder(s) name.
And on top of that I added some cool features I found really helpful: - Search by multiple words or partial words separated by spaces.
- When there are no results the search algorithm collapses and starts searching by letters instead of words, a search which easily overcomes typos.
- For every bookmark, a dedicated (technical) shortcut is calculated (and shown to the right of the every result), with the shortest length possible, and also by a priority which is based on how close are the keyboard keys to each other.
Type a shortcut to get its bookmark as the first result on the search, so you can then simply press enter to open it.
The suggested shortcut to show the search popup is cmd+E (Mac)/ctrl+W (Windows).
Due to Chrome changes, in order to enable a shortcut you need to manually set it.
Go to chrome://extensions/shortcuts and set a shortcut for "Bookmarks Quick Search".
Tip: To make the search faster - make sure the extension is pinned to show always on the top menu-bar.
Enjoy :) #0.0.8: - Fix google autocomplete here and there appearance on the search box.
- Support JS-Script bookmarks as well.
#0.0.9: - Fix slow load of icons - now it's instant.
#0.0.10 - Highlight query in results.
#0.0.11 - Allow more animation frames for a smoother look and feel.
- Offered by bookmarks.quick.search
- Average rating : 4.92 stars (loved it)
Bookmarks Quick Search web extension integrated with the OffiDocs Chromium online