This is an extension that allows to create, edit and view any Microsoft Word documents in both doc and docx formats. It is a word processor and publishing tool. It allows to create large documents, reports, and books, and simple enough for a quick memo.
The Open Office writer main features are:
- Wizards for standard documents such as letters, faxes, agendas, minutes, or carrying out more complex tasks such as mail merges. You can also create your own templates, or download templates from the Templates repository.
- Advanced Styles and Formatting.
- Table of Contents & References to increase the usefulness of your long, complex documents by generating a table of contents or indexing terms, bibliographical references, illustrations, tables, and other objects.
- Text frames and linking for publishing tasks like newsletters and flyers
- Notes and comments on the side of the document. This makes notes a lot easier to read.
- AutoCorrect dictionary to trap typing mistakes on the fly, checking your spelling as you type.
- AutoComplete to reduce typing effort. It also suggests common words and phrases to complete while you are typing.
This extension uses the platform http://www.offidocs.com. It is an integration with an Open Office Linux desktop application. In concrete, it is a desktop app running through our OffiDocs API.