AndroPainter is an app to edit and create photos and images. It uses the GIMP provided by OffiDocs, and it is available in the Google Play Store Store:
AndroPainter is an image editor for android devices that includes the GIMP app provided by OffiDocs. It allows to edit and create photos and images. It is program to retouch photos, convert image formats, modify icons, logos, diagrams, illustrations and any complex painting. It combines the functionality of a file manager with the open source software for image manipulation, GIMP.
It contains two main modules:
* The GIMP image editor module, which provides the following functionality:
- Common image editor tools: paint brush, pencil, airbrush, eraser and ink utilities.
- Different image selection tools to capture an image area: either a rectangular areas, or a circular areas; or a free selection.
- Multiple Undo/Redo.
- Smart image editor tools:
- Copies pixels using a brush.
- Copies pixels from an area and corrects tone and color.
- Blurs and sharpens using a brush.
- Bucket Fill tool to fill an area selected with a color or pattern.
- Blend tool to fill an area slected with a color gradient
- Multilayer supported as an image being edited in GIMP can consist of many layers in a stack.
- Transformation tools including rotate, scale, shear and flip.
- Colors selection using palettes or color choosers.
- Color blending.
- Full alpha channel support.
- The file format support ranges from the common likes of JPEG (JFIF), GIF, PNG, TIFF to special use formats such as the multi-resolution and multi-color-depth Windows icon files.
A guide about how to use this app can be found at https://www.gimp.org/tutorials/.
Note that the AndroPainter app has its own instructions when the image is being edited. It has several buttons for the operations:
- "Write mode", which allows you to modify the image or photo.
- "Move mode", which allows you to move the app and the image with your finger.
- "Zoom In & Out", to move your two fingers to zoom in or zoom out the app and image. S
- "Save the image" -> "Click in File > Overwrite the image opened" to save the image in the server. It will be saved locally when you click in Exit button.
- "KeyBoard", which opens or closes the phone keyboard that allows you to write any text.
- "Exit", which closes the editor view and saves locally the image as it is downloaded from the cloud.
The remote app for AndroPainter uses the GIMP license: GPL. It can be installed and distributed for free.
* The file manager module, which provides the following functionality:
- Home directory when you first load the file manager.
- Operations with files and folders: copy, move, create file, rename.
- View the file properties: name, size, date.
- Light and Elegant client UI supporting phones and tablets.
- Image preview support
GIMP is free to use and distribute.