OffiDocs has updated the GIMP 2.8 online version to 2.8 from the previous one, 2.6, so our GIMP online includes much more functionality. Click in the following button to use this new version:
OffiDocs has updated the GIMP online version to 2.8 from the previous one, 2.6 so our GIMP online includes much more functionality.
In concrete, GIMP 2.8 has added new interesting and useful features like the following:
1. Enhancements to the User Interface
- New single window mode so that all the GIMP dialogs appear inside one big window with the image centered inside. This single window mode could be enabled or disabled all the time,.
- New file save workflow to work with xcf formats but it is also possible to export an image in another format, jpg or png.
- New image bar that allows to switch between open images using a tab bar that has thumbnails of the pictures.
- New arrangement options so that users can work with two screens, one for dialogs and the other one for images.
- New resources like Gradients, Pattern, Brushes, and Palettes that can be filtered and found via tags.
- A new “Lock Pixels” option to avoid undesired painting on layers.
- In the multi-window mode, users can close the Toolbox without exiting GIMP.
2. Tools, Filters and Plug-ins
- Cage Transform to create custom bending of a selection just moving control points.
- Cage Transform enhanced to make possible changing the attributes of only a char.
- The text tool has been improved.
- The default Quick Mask color is now configurable.
- A PDF exporter has been implemented.
Added plug-ins for loading JPEG2000 images, OpenRaster (.ora) import and export, RGB565, ...
The following video shows how to use the new GIMP online version 2.8 integrated that can be run from our platform:
Refer to the GIMP website for further information about GIMP 2.8