Inkscape vector graphics editor is a tool to edit complex graphics such as illustrations, diagrams, line arts, charts, logos, and complex paintings. As a result of that, the software Inkscape can render the primitive vector shapes (e.g. rectangles, ellipses, polygons, arcs, spirals, stars, and isometric boxes), text, and regions containing raster graphics. It supports image tracing, enabling the editor to create vector graphics from photos and other raster sources. Created shapes can be subjected to further transformations, such as moving, rotating, scaling, and skewing.
You can use Inkscape online on OffiDocs. Click the enter button above and start creating amazing vector graphics for free.
Inkscape Vector Graphics Editor Features
Inkscape offers some amazing features to edit vector graphics. Here is a list of features Inkscape includes:
1. Object Creation Tools: Pencil Tool, Shape Tool, Text Tool
2. Object Manipulation: Transformation, Grouping of Objects, Layers
3. Alignment & Distribution: Color Selector, A Gradient Editor, Dashed Strokes
4. Text Support: Multi-Line Text, Kerning, Text on Path, Alpha Transparency
5. File Formats: SVG, XML editor, PNG, PDF, EPS, PostScript, etc
File Formats & Language Support
It can import and export various file formats, including SVG, AI, EPS, PDF, EPS, and PNG. It has a comprehensive feature set, a simple interface, and multi-lingual support. Inkscape is also designed to be extensible.
Inkscape in Comparison with other Tools
Inkscape is a free and open-source vector graphics editor. It has sophisticated drawing tools with capabilities comparable to Adobe Illustrator, CorelDRAW, and Xara Xtreme.
Advantages of using Inkscape for Creating Vector Graphics
● Inkscape's native file format, Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG), is a W3C open standard. It uses points and the lines between them to create graphics. In Inkscape, these are called nodes and paths. Most vector graphics tools allow the creation of paths called shapes, which are simply closed paths. Shapes are triangles, circles, squares, and polygons. The other images considered are raster graphics, which are made with a grid of pixels. Vector graphics can easily be converted into raster graphics.
● Common file formats for raster graphics include JPG, PNG, BMP, and TIF. Digital photographs are generally born as raster images but the main advantages of using vectors over raster graphics are the scalability and file size.
● Inkscape gives us all the possibility to edit graphics and an unlimited canvas of potential to design whatever vector graphics you can dream of.
Inkscape Chrome Extension
OffiDocs also offers Inkscape Chrome Extension. You can install Inkscape online web extension from the chrome web store. Inkscape chrome extension contains all the useful features for creating and editing vector graphics.