OffiDocs has updated the Inkscape online version to 0.92 from the previous one, 0.47 so our Inkscape online includes much more functionality.
In concrete, Inkscape 0.92 has added new interesting and useful features like the following:
- Mesh Gradients are now supported. It means the control points for an object's fill are in a grid ("mesh"), and individual control points can be given different values. This provides a lot more artistic control over the appearance of the fill and can make it much easier to achieve photorealistic coloring and shading in Inkscape illustrations.
- Many SVG2 and CSS3 properties are now supported (e.g. paint-order, mix-blend-mode). For example:
* It is now possible to take advantage of OpenType tables to select alternative glyphs from a font.
* Support for vertical text layout has been improved.
* Converting text to a path will save the text in the 'aria-label' attribute.
* Line spacing in Inkscape now follows the CSS standard for the 'line-height' property.
- The new Object dialog allows to select, label, hide and lock any object in the drawing from a dialog that lists them all
- Selection sets make it possible to 'group' objects together. The new Selection Sets dialog (in the main menu: Objects > Selection Sets) makes housekeeping and organization of your Inkscape files much easier. It enables you to select multiple objects as you would normally, then save that selection, give it a name, and recall it later as needed, rather than having to manually select everything again.regardless of document structure
- Several new path effects have been added, among them Envelope/Perspective, Lattice Deformation, Mirror and Rotate Copies. These effects allow you to deform a path using four control points that Inkscape provides around the object. Envelope stretches and squashes the shape on a flat plane as you modify the control points; Perspective maps the object to match the perspective of the plane created by your manipulation of the control points. The Live Path Effects (LPEs) system is a powerful, non-destructive tool for applying live and interactive effects on the vector paths you draw in Inkscape. The effects can be composed together in any order you choose for a wide range of possibilities. Inkscape 0.92 has introduced a large family of LPEs; let's take a look at several of them. For example:
* The lattice LPE allows you greater creative control than the four points of the Envelope LPE via a grid of deformation control points.
* The Rotate Copies and Mirror Symmetry LPEs take the goodness of the Tiled Clones feature of Inkscape and make it less clunky and confusing as well as allow for the interactive adjustment of the resulting compositions. The Rotate Copies LPE is similar to the Mirror Symmetry LPE; rather than creating mirror-image copies, it creates multiple copies rotated around a point, and you can customize the various parameters of this rotation to create cool effects.
- There are several new extensions (e.g. a seamless pattern extension) and a new filter (colorblindness simulation) included in the release, many old extensions have been updated or got new features
- Spray tool and measure tool received a set of nifty new features
- BSplines (and more) are available for the Pen tool. B-splines ("Basis Splines") are another new-to-Inkscape pen tool mode that is an alternative to traditional bezier paths. One of the main differences between B-spline paths and bezier paths is that B-spline paths are one continuous path with multiple control points; bezier paths are compositions of multiple individual and connected line segments.
- Checkerboard background can be used to more easily see object transparencies
The following video shows how to use the new Inkscape online version 0.92 integrated that can be run from our platform:
Refer to the Inkscape website for further information about Inkscape 0.92.